Contract: Part-time, Permanent
Hours: 22.5 hours per week – days and times can be agreed with candidate
Salary: £25,000 per annum (FTE)
Location: Gloucester / hybrid working
Closing date: 31st December 2023
Join the British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA) and help promote excellence in the veterinary profession
The British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA), based near Gloucester with hybrid working, has a fantastic opportunity for a Fundraising Coordinator to join the PetSavers team, who are BSAVAs fundraising and grant awarding arm. The purpose of this role is to help increase income and sustain an established research grants programme. You will support the fundraising and grant awards processes by implementing and delivering the fundraising strategy, stewarding donors and supporting the administration of research grants. You will also work alongside the communication and marketing team to build awareness around the grants programme and the work that it does by creating relevant content and resources for target audiences.
Skills and experience:
You will have excellent communication skills, and the ability to articulate the impact of our work in a compelling and creative way. You will also have the ability to develop and maintain good donor relationships.
Other essential skills include:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as general IT skills
The ability to work proactively, using your own initiative to accomplish a variety of tasks
A flexible approach to work
High attention to detail
Exceptional organisational and time management skills
The ability to work effectively within a team.
About the BSAVA:
The BSAVA is a professional membership association which exists to advance care for companion animals. With a membership of more than 10,000 veterinary surgeons, vet nurses and students, we work in the UK and internationally to promote excellence in small animal practice through education and science, by facilitating training, conducting research, and developing policy. Each year we deliver numerous education courses, host a large small-animal Congress, and publish books, manuals, apps, and magazines.
This post is a flexible, part-time role working 22.5 hours, which can be spread throughout the week, reporting to the Fundraising and Grant Awards Manager.
Our reward package for this role includes a basic salary of £15,000 per annum (full time equivalent of £25,000). In addition, we offer generous employer pension contributions starting at 7% and increasing up to 10% with length of service.
We also offer:
- Holiday starting at 25 days (plus bank holidays) rising by 1 day each year up to 28 days, plus a further entitlement of an additional one day every 5 years of service.
- Bupa dental plan.
- Enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and other family-related leave.
- Life assurance of 3 x annual salary.
- Support for hybrid working for our employees, meaning you can work at home for up to two days a week and we also have a comprehensive Flexible Working Policy.
- Access to a free legal helpline where you can ask our specialist lawyers for legal advice on an array of topics.
- Health and wellbeing support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, available 24/7 365 days and a network of mental health first aiders. Plus, enhanced Company sick pay, access to private medical insurance upon completion of 12 months service, occupational health service and annual flu vaccinations.
- Training and development.
- Free onsite parking, and for those who wish to cycle, we offer a cycle to work scheme which provides a discounted purchase of a bicycle and accessories for healthy, low carbon travel.
- Last but by no means least, we have regular social activities and events for those who wish to join!
And we are:
Community friendly offering paid leave to volunteer for a charity or not for profit organisation.
Committed to supporting sustainability in our work and in the veterinary profession. The Association has completed a certified carbon audit and has been awarded Silver accreditation with Investors in the Environment.
So, if you are bold and innovative, strive for excellence whilst taking ownership and accountability of your work, show passion for what you do and work effectively in a team then youll be a great fit for the Association, and we would love to hear from you.
How to apply:
In order to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements in the role description which is on the BSAVA vacancy page.
We will review applications and hold interviews at any time prior to the closing date, which may mean that we fill this vacancy early if we find a suitable candidate.
By applying for this position, you are consenting to the information on your CV being held by the Association for six months.
Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) underpins our belief that we can make the Association stronger through the unique contributions we can all bring. We create inclusive teams aligned to our values and encourage applications from a diverse range of suitably qualified candidates.
You may have experience in the following roles: Development Coordinator, Philanthropy Coordinator, Fundraising Specialist, Donor Relations Coordinator, Grants Coordinator, Resource Mobilization Officer, Charitable Giving Coordinator, Fund Development Officer, Fundraising Liaison, Donation Coordinator, etc.