Volunteer Programme Lead
We are seeking a talented and experienced senior manager to lead the organisation’s contribution to the Volunteering for Health Programme.
We are looking for someone proactive, creative, tenacious and empathetic to work for a charity that represents the NHS charity sector in the UK, contributing to a major and ambitious national programme.
Position: Programme Lead (Volunteering for Health Programme)
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week (negotiable)
Contract: Fixed term 3.5 years
Closing Date: 7th December 2023
Volunteering for Health is an ambitious £10m programme to support the transformation of volunteering and volunteering infrastructure in health and social care, as part of the response to the NHS Volunteering Taskforce report. The programme builds on the recommendations of this report to support systems and the NHS to build an approach that stimulates strategic and sustainable investment in volunteering. The programme is being delivered by a partnership of 3 main organisations.
As a member of the Strategy and Impact leadership team, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring delivery of this ambitious and complex programme.
Alongside sharing programme leadership, you will lead the strategic transformation elements of the programme including relational approaches to developing and supporting the grants programme and ensuring that the programme leads to transformative change in both policy and practice.
The Volunteering for Health programme is led by a partnership of three organisations and delivery will be led by two post holders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for the Volunteering for Health Programme
- Develop and maintain the partnership with the programme partners
- Develop and deliver the strategic vision and plan for the programme
- Co-ordinate a programme of tailored support for grant recipients
- Work alongside the learning and evaluation team to ensure that programme is informed by an outcomes-based approach
- Be responsible for the programme budget
- Manage and mitigate risks and issues associated with the programme
- Provide expert advice to the Director of Strategy and Impact and the wider senior leadership on issues relating to volunteering for health.
You will be able to utilise your coaching and leadership skills to achieve results, work with sensitivity and personal deliver excellence. Whilst it is important that you brings an effective and efficient approach, it is also critical that you bring creativity and vision to enable the programme to realise its full potential.
You will have:
- Experience and sound knowledge of leading complex multi-partner and stakeholder programmes in the VCSE or public sector
- Understanding of the health and care policy, strategy and commissioning environment, particularly as it relates to the voluntary sector, volunteering and NHS Charities
- Demonstrable experience of leading large programmes
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills and demonstrable experience of building strategic and influential partnerships for change, ideally in the voluntary or public sector
- Experience of building and delivering communication strategies
- Leadership and people management experience
In return, you will have a supportive team, where you can shape your role and the direction of your work, and the opportunity to be involved in new, exciting and ambitious projects.
You will be asked to upload your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the job description and person specification, your Cover Letter should be no more than 2 sides of A4.
- 10% Employers Pension Contribution
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays as a minimum
- Flexible Working
- 2 hours per week Wellbeing time out for full time staff
- Apprenticeships, training and development opportunities
- Health Cash Plan
- Company Rewards
- Plus many more great staff benefits!
Equality and Diversity
The charity is committed to inclusivity and representing the diversity of the communities it serves. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community. Applicants will be treated fairly throughout the recruitment process, and the team will ensure there is no unfair discrimination on the basis of race, ethnic origin, disability, gender, religion or belief, age, sexual orientation or any other relevant characteristic.
Other roles you may have experience of could include Programme, Programmes, Head of Programmes, Programme Lead, Programme Manager, Director of Programmes, Programmes Director, Volunteering, Volunteer, Volunteer Programme Lead, Volunteer Programme Director, Director of Volunteer Programme, Head of Volunteer Programme.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is being advertised by NFP People on behalf of the organisation.