Hoffnungszeichen | Sign of Hope is a Christian NGO for human rights, humanitarian assistance and development cooperation. Headquartered in Constance, Germany, Sign of Hope is committed to helping oppressed and exploited people worldwide.
For our International Assistance & Cooperation Department, we seek to fill the following position as soon as possible in the context of our Ukraine response:
Project Coordinator Ukraine (m/f/d)
You will – in close cooperation with the Germany-based team leader – coordinate Sign of Hope’s response to the Ukraine crisis focusing on emergency assistance in Ukraine, Hungary and Slovakia.
The full-time (40-hour week) position is initially limited until 31.12.2022. A long-term cooperation is possible, subject to availability of funding. The incumbent shall be placed in the project office in Kosice, Slovakia.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordination, management and monitoring of Sign of Hope’s emergency response in the context of the Ukraine crisis in close cooperation with the Germany based team leader and implementing partners in Ukraine, Hungary and Slovakia
- Supervision and control of administrative and financial processes
- Attend coordination meetings at local and national level
- Liaise with partner organizations and relevant stakeholders
- Manage project partners and activities
- Manage implementing and strategic partnership engagements at country level
- Ensure gender diversity and conflict sensitivity in all activities
- Project support to ensure high-quality implementation and reporting (management, documentation, monitoring, accounting)
- Supervise financial management, including but not limited to project budget including all partner budgets as well as financial management systems to ensure full-compliance with SoH’s as well as donor financial guidelines, procedures and policies
- University degree or equivalent in finance, accounting or related fields required; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of progressive financial management experience, including grants management as well as a strong understanding of institutional donor regulations
- International experience required; international NGO field office in an Emergency project is a strong asset.
- Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Sound accounting skills and experience, including journal entries, payroll, payables, and balance sheet
- Knowledge and experience in Cash and Voucher Assistance in emergency projects an asset
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking and self-steered, organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience in virtual teams collaboration, ability to work under pressure
- Politically and culturally sensitive
- Proficiency in German and/ or English language, Hungarian, Ukrainian, and/or Russian language skills would be an advantage
- The position requires occasional travels
- Applicants must be eligible to work within the EU
Sign of Hope is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- An exciting job in a growing, purpose-driven non-profit organisation
- A competent, results-oriented team with flat hierarchies
- A position with responsibility
- Induction and on the job training as well as opportunities for personal development
- A competitive NGO salary
- A flexible working time arrangement
- 30 days holiday per year
Would you like to join our team? Then we look forward to receiving your application including all relevant references via our application portal. The application deadline is May 6, 2022.
Since the Christian faith is the motivation for our work, we would like to know in your application what importance you attach to Christian values in your everyday life.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Marcel Kipping on 07531 94501-90 or email@example.com.
Bitte gib bei deiner Bewerbung an, dass du den Job über NGOjobs.eu gefunden hast. Bitte nutze für deine Bewerbung den Link www.hoffnungszeichen.de.