Housing Officer who has experience providing a housing management service with a good knowledge of the wide range of housing management issues and legislation is required for a well-established, vibrant Charity based in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
SALARY: £27,634 per annum + Benefits (see below)
LOCATION: Bradford, West Yorkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
KEY REQUIREMENT: There is an element of flexibility around working hours required. It is essential that you have a driving licence with access to a vehicle.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Housing Officerwho has experience providing a housing management service with a good knowledge of the wide range of housing management issues and legislation.
This is a new initiative providing individual homes and a high-quality housing management service for a small cohort of service users, involved in sex working as well as service users who are fleeing domestic violence.
This is a key role, and the Housing Officer will be responsible for delivering and assisting in the development of all aspects of a responsive housing management service. You will work collaboratively with colleagues and a range of external partners, to help service users understand and meet the terms of their tenancies, with the goal of helping them sustain their accommodation.
As the Housing Officer you will be passionate about changing lives and what the Charity does, with a positive and engaging approach to service users, as situations can sometimes be difficult and challenging so you will need to be non-judgemental, with a sensitive attitude as the service users can often present in crisis.
As a successful candidate you will join a Charity with a dedicated team providing services to a broad range of people experiencing the effects of deprivation and health inequalities.
As the Housing Officer you will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experience of providing a housing management service with a good knowledge of the wide range of housing management issues and legislation
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills and able to manage your time effectively
- Ability to work independently but also as part of the bigger team to ensure a high-quality service is maintained, whilst applying your knowledge of safeguarding and health and safety issues
- Ability to provide advice and information to service users about tenancies, money management and help to resolve disputes
In return the Charity can offer:
- The opportunity to grow and develop alongside an important new service development
- A competitive salary
- 4% pension contribution
- Excellent annual leave entitlement
- Employee assistance scheme
- Life insurance
- A programme of mindfulness activities for staff. The Charity is a Mindful Employer
A willingness to undergo an enhanced DBS check is also a requirement of the post.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P11550
Full-Time, Permanent Property Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bradford, West Yorkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awdonline | http://www.awdo.co.uk