Location: Mortlake, South West London (flexible working considered)
Job Type: Part time, 28 hours per week- Flexible working considered.
Contract Type: Fixed Term until 31 December 2026
Salary: £36,000 per annum pro rata (£28,800 actual)
Benefits: 28 days annual leave per annum/pro rata plus statutory holidays on appointment. Additional annual leave days awarded on length of service, Company pension contribution, Life insurance (3 x salary) *, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) including 24/7 support helpline, Interest-free Season Ticket Loans*, Additional maternity pay and leave*, Additional paternity pay*, Additional sick pay* *available after probation period passed
About the role
When an employee goes missing, there can be uncertainty for their employers, their colleagues, their families and importantly for the person when they return and need to talk to their workplaces. Our research shows that we need to develop support, guidance and training to organisations, colleagues and people who have been missing from the workplace. The service Development Manager will be responsible for the development and delivery of a new service area and remit for the charity to meet that need.
You will develop the ‘Missing from Work’ service, becoming the subject matter expert for the charity, and offering casework support and guidance to organisations and individuals affected. This will involve working directly with adults at risk who are missing or who have experience of being missing. You will develop guidance, policy and learning and development in this new area for the charity. You will support individuals and organisations when someone goes missing, providing advice, advocacy, and a confidential listening ear. You will reach out to organisations and HR leads to offer training and consultancy, so they are best prepared for ‘Missing from Work’ experiences.
• Provide confidential advice and guidance to employers, colleagues, adults who are returning to work after being missing and family members communicating with employers.
• Proactively contact organisations when it becomes clear they have a missing employee.
• Work with organisations, providing advice and needs assessment, so HR professionals, line managers, and colleagues are trained and have processes in place to manage ‘Missing from Work.’
• Project management of ‘missing from work’ services, including analysing project data.
• Manage risk and safeguarding.
• Develop information and resources for our website.
Income generation and fundraising stewardship
• Build relationships with organisations and steward them to become financial supporters of the charity.
• Work with the Business Development Team and Corporate Fundraising team to create user journeys for companies from advice to financial support to the charity.
• Work with the Head of Service Development to design the service. including structure, design capacity, resource needs, KPIs and delivery methods.
• Lead the charity to develop its expertise regarding employees missing from work, including policy and impact of those affected.
Experience should include:
• Providing advice or support services, including helping adults understand their rights.
• Experience and/or demonstrable understanding of safeguarding vulnerable adults
• Handling complex and sensitive situations.
• Developing and implementing new services.
• Experience of project management and leading change.
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge should include:
• Ability to develop and drive forward new projects and initiatives, taking the lead and/or working collaboratively with colleagues.
• Skilled in delivering effective presentations and training in person and online;
• Project management skills
About Missing People
Somebody goes missing in the UK every 90 seconds. Missing People exists to ease the heartache experienced by those missing someone, and to help people who are away from home find their way back to safety. Our vision is for every missing child, adult and family left behind to find help, hope and a safe way to reconnect. We are a non-judgemental, highly skilled team of staff and volunteers working for everyone who needs us. We provide free, confidential support, help and advice by phone, email, text and live chat. We coordinate a UK-wide network of people, businesses and media to join the search for the estimated 170,000 people who go missing each year. Missing People aims to put people with lived experience at the heart of our work, amplifying their voices to achieve change. Working for Missing People means living our values. It’s a place where people are encouraged to ‘let fly’ so you can ‘make things happen’. We know you’re more than just a job title, and ‘be human’ is an important value here. Missing People is an independent charity that relies on donations.
Please find attached a detailed job description and person specification, a letter from the line manager and a summary of Missing People’s Achievements 2023.
How to apply
Please ensure you include your CV and a brief covering letter explaining how you would be a good fit for this role.
Closing date: 23:59 on 10 December 2023. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early in the event of a very large number of applications, so Apply Now!
You may also have experience in the following:, Service Manager, Project Management, Programme Manager, Programme Management, Charities, Third Sector, Citizens Advice, Employment Advice, Helpline Manager, Service Development, Programme Development, , Not for Profit, NFP, etc.
REF-(Apply online only)