Variante 1 oder 2: Text oder URL einfügen
CARE Österreich, Verein für Entwicklungszusammenarbeit und humanitäre Hilfe,
seeks an experienced
Programme Officer – Focus Balkans and Middle East
Contract: Full Time (maternity leave cover; one year limited)
Duty Station: Vienna, 20% international travel
Starting date: 1 April 2020
You are passionate about your work. You are an experienced professional and you want to apply your skill and knowledge to empower people in developing countries to find routes out of poverty. Project management and multitasking in an international environment are close to your heart. You are looking for a new professional challenge in one of the world’s leading development and humanitarian aid agencies. If so, please continue reading. We have the right job for you.
CARE is fighting poverty and injustice in about 100 countries and helping 70 million people each year. We save lives in disaster and conflicts and stand with women, girls and their communities to achieve lasting change for a better future.
- Oversight of CARE Austria´s project portfolio in the Balkans and the Middle East (Bosnia Herzegovina, Montenegro and Kosovo; Egypt, Jordan, and the Occupied Palestinian Territories). The thematic scope ranges from economic empowerment programming to Gender equality projects
- Collaboration and coordination with CARE country offices and donor agencies in the implementation of CARE Austria´s projects and activities in the Balkans and the Middle East
- Management of donor contracts in collaboration with CARE Austria´s project controlling unit; implementation of CARE program standards and donor guidelines (mostly European Union and Austrian Development Agency)
- Capacity building and backstopping to country office staff, in particular regarding donor contract compliance
- Technical assistance or supervision of technical experts mainly in the areas of economic development
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects, including field visits to project areas
- Identification of new funding opportunities; development of new projects in collaboration with CARE country offices
- Contributing with best practises from the target regions to knowledge management and learning within CARE Austria
- Support to CARE Austria´s and CARE International´s advocacy, media, and fundraising efforts for the target regions
- University degree with specialisation in international or economic development, business administration or other disciplines relevant for development cooperation
- Strong skills and proven experience in project coordination, project cycle management and ensuring donor contract compliance in a responsible and self-organized manner; ideally experience with EU and ADA contracts, as well as with international consortia projects
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the development context;
- Technical background in economic development and/or Gender equality programming, as well as work experience in the target regions are an asset
- Experience with financial project administration an asset
- Experience in project development; strong facilitation and proposal writing skills an asset
- Ability to work under time pressure, managing competing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural competence
- Excellent spoken and written German and English; French an asset
If you are interested in working with a professional and committed team in an international and dynamic context, we are looking forward to your application. We offer a salary starting at EUR 41,000 gross annually based on the above-mentioned qualifications as well as fringe benefits. Higher classification is possible depending on relevant professional experience.
Please note: an EU citizenship or work permit valid for EU countries is a necessary prerequisite for this post. Only applications which fulfill all required qualifications will be considered.
We look forward to receiving your application and cover letter in English as well as copies of relevant certificates and recommendation letters by 5 February 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARE’s Mission: We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.