Variante 1 oder 2: Text oder URL einfügen
CARE Österreich, Verein für Entwicklungszusammenarbeit und humanitäre Hilfe,
seeks an experienced
Senior Programme Officer – West Africa
Contract: Full Time
Duty Station: Vienna, 20% international travel
Starting date: As soon as possible (latest 1 November 2020)
You are passionate about your work. You are an experienced professional and you want to apply your skill and knowledge to empower people in developing countries to find routes out of poverty. Project management and multitasking in an international environment are close to your heart. You are looking for a new professional challenge in one of the world’s leading development and humanitarian aid agencies. If so, please continue reading. We have the right job for you.
CARE is fighting poverty and injustice in about 100 countries and helping 70 million people each year. We save lives in disaster and conflicts and stand with women, girls and their communities to achieve lasting change for a better future.
Objective of the position:
In line with CARE’s mission, vision and core values the Senior Programme Officer develops and oversees CARE Austria´s project portfolio in West Africa. Current programmes of CARE Austria in West Africa have a geographic focus on Chad and Niger and primarily promote food security, climate change adaptation and women empowerment.
- Project management of donor contracts in French language in collaboration with CARE Austria´s project controlling and consortium partners with focus on Chad
- Implementation of CARE program standards and donor guidelines (mostly European Union and Austrian Development Agency), as well as monitoring of budgets
- Overall coordination of CARE Austria´s projects and activities in West Africa in collaboration with CARE Country and Regional Offices
- Capacity building and backstopping of country office staff, in particular regarding donor contract compliance
- Technical assistance and/or supervision of technical experts in the areas of food security, climate change adaptation, and agriculture
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects, including regular field visits to project areas of a duration of two weeks minimum
- Identification of new funding opportunities, development of new projects and proposal writing
- Donor cultivation and liaison at country and regional level (mainly EU Delegations, ADA)
- Contributing best practises from West Africa to knowledge management and learning within CARE Austria
- Support to CARE Austria´s and CARE International´s advocacy, media and fundraising efforts for West Africa
- University degree with a specialisation in international or economic development; business administration; environmental, natural resources and life sciences; or other disciplines relevant for development cooperation
- Excellent spoken and written French and English required, good German desired
- Strong skills in project management and coordination, project cycle management and ensuring donor contract compliance in a responsible and self-organized manner
- Knowledge of EU contract rules and regulations
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant work experience in the development context
- Technical background in food security and climate change adaptation, as well as work experience in sub-Saharan Africa are an asset
- Ability to work under time pressure, managing competing deadlines
- Experience in working with international and national consortia
- Experience in project development; strong facilitation and proposal writing skills an asset
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural competence
- Identification with values, mission and goals of CARE
- Management of a diverse project portfolio
- Working with a dynamic and international team
- Working with CARE Country Office teams and local partners
- Salary according to internal scheme (minimum EUR 45.000 annual gross salary; actual classification will depend on relevant professional experience) as well as attractive fringe benefits
- Contracts are initially limited to one year with the possibility of extension
Please note: An EU citizenship or established work permit is a necessary requirement for this post. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to receiving your application including a CV in English and cover letter in French by 19 August 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be treated confidentially in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
CARE’s Mission: We seek a world of hope, inclusion and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.