CARE Österreich, Verein für Entwicklungszusammenarbeit und humanitäre Hilfe, seeks an experienced
Program Officer Emergency (m/f/d)
Contract Management Contract: Full Time (one year limited with the possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Vienna, 15-20% international travel (should the pandemic situation allow)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: 19 September 2022
CARE is fighting poverty and injustice in over 100 countries and helping 70 million people each year. We save lives in disaster and conflicts and stand with women, girls and their communities to achieve lasting change for a better future.
Objective of the position:
In line with CARE’s mission, vision and core values, the Program Officer develops and oversees CARE Austria´s emergency project portfolio around the Syria crisis and Southern Africa (this may also change).
- Management of donor contracts in accordance with CARE program standards and donor guidelines (mostly European Union, Austrian Development Agency (ADA), Neighbour in Need Foundation (NIN))
- Overall coordination of CARE Austria projects and activities in collaboration with CARE Country Offices and consortium partners
- Mentoring and backstopping of country office staff, in particular regarding donor contract compliance
- Provide technical support in the development of country offices humanitarian preparedness plans. Carry out field visits to allocated emergency responses for monitoring, steering and coordination purposes as required.
- Project acquisition: identification of new funding opportunities, development of new projects, and proposal writing (mainly ECHO, ADA, NIN)
- Management of donor relations and liaison at country and regional level
- Contributing with best practises from the regions to knowledge management and learning within CARE Austria
- Support to CARE Austria´s and CARE International´s advocacy, media, and fundraising efforts
- University degree in law or economy or comparable qualification
- Proven professional experience of minimum 5 years in emergency preparedness, response and humanitarian program management in complex humanitarian settings through national partners, with a recent experience in developing countries desirable
- Strong skills and proven experience in project management and coordination, project cycle management and ensuring donor contract compliance in a responsible and self-organized manner; experience with ECHO, ADA and NIN contracts, as well as with international consortia projects are a strong asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of practical application of the Sphere standards, Core Humanitarian Standards and other key accountability standards and policies on e.g. safeguarding, gender, environment, fraud & corruption, anti-terror, etc., and their foundational documents.
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context and related emerging trends, including policy developments at national, regional and global levels
- Experience in project proposal development; strong facilitation and ideally proposal writing skills. Experience with financial project administration is an asset
- Ability to work under time pressure, managing competing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural competence as well as excellent spoken and written English; good German desired
- Demonstrated experience with working and/or traveling in occasionally insecure areas and following strict safety & security protocols.
- Identification with the values, mission, and goals of CARE
- Well-equipped office in central Vienna
- Salary starting at EUR 46.000 gross annually. Please note: Actual classification will depend on relevant professional experience and will be calculated in accordance with CARE Austria’s salary scheme
- Attractive fringe benefits (e.g. annual ticket for public transport Wiener Linien)
- Working in an international context with professional and committed teams
- Diverse project portfolio in a dynamic and innovative working environment
Please note: An EU citizenship or work permit valid for EU countries are a necessary requirement for this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to receiving your application including a CV and cover letter in English, as well as copies of relevant certificates and recommendation letters by 19 September 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be treated confidentially in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. Please indicate in your cover letter how you learned about this position. To learn more about CARE International and CARE Österreich, go to www.care.at, https://www.care.at/ueber-care/programmatic-approach/ , www.careclimatechange.org and https://www.care-international.org/. CARE’s Mission: CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice.
Du willst das Formular nicht nutzen? Schicke deine Bewerbung an email@example.com.