Department Coordinator – Department of Cognitive Science
Starting date: August 1, 2021
Application deadline: May 31, 2021
Full- Or Part-Time: Full-Time (40 hours/week)
The Department of Cognitive Science at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for a Department Coordinator position starting on August 1, 2021 in Vienna.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily administrative duties of the department, keeping a well-organized filing system of departmental research and teaching activities, updating the department’s website and email lists, and managing the departmental deposit library.
- Liaising with other university offices for Student Records, Budget, Research Support, Communications, etc.
- Managing the budget of the Department.
- Providing research support through grant management, procurement of equipment and the managing of ethics applications.
- Advising and assisting students and faculty in all areas of their academic life.
Skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Experience working with SAP.
- Ability to work independently and to keep strict deadlines.
- Ability to balance sensitivity towards student needs while ensuring student adherence to university and program regulations.
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive / confidential information.
- Ability to work in a Multicultural environment and open-mindedness.
- Positive personality and proactive customer service attitude.
- Good command of German language.
- Previous work experience at CEU.
We offer a competitive salary around 38,000 EUR/year but that will commensurate with chosen candidate’s experience as well.
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
- Cover letter.
- CV, written in English.
- Writing sample, preferably business correspondence (on any topic), at least 500 words.
Please send your complete application package to:
Advert012@ceu.edu – including job code in subject line: 2021/012
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both master’s and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty from over 50 countries and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen an Advert012@ceu.edu