Student Residence Assistant – Dean of Students Office
Student Residence Assistant
Dean of Students Office
Starting date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Open until filled
Full Or Part Time: Full-time (40 hours/week)
The Dean of Students Office at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for a Student Residence Assistant position.
The main goal of the position is to provide all students with information and knowledge of the mandatory administrative requirements that are set by the Austrian authorities and CEU. The candidate will be required to inform students of the rules and regulations focusing on residency in Austria, housing, student life and student family support. The Student Resident Assistant will provide high quality service to all enrolled students in close cooperation with other CEU service units and external partners.
- Assisting in students’ arrival and leaving procedures, informing students of general policies and procedures via phone, email and in person during office hours.
- Providing day-to-day assistance to students with various matters (e.g. providing forms, guidance with residence permit extensions, assisting students with families regarding legal residence matters, advising and guiding students on obtaining the Meldezettel in collaboration with the Dorm Manager).
- Ensuring that all international students comply with the legal requirements for obtaining residence in Austria, managing and administering students’ legal status and advising students on relevant procedures.
- Keeping track of, and reporting student statuses to the Immigration and Education Authorities.
- Administering enrollment changes in the student database regarding health insurance eligibility and informing students and insurers of the process.
- Coordinating and managing the process of student ID Cards and making sure that students fulfill all requirements for student discount possibilities in Vienna.
- Managing and administering the distribution of lockers.
- Compiling the Student Handbook/ MY CEU APP in liaison with departments and units
- Regular updating of the unit’s website.
- Organizing the Immigrations Office visits on campus at the beginning of the academic year.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in working with Austrian Authorities, preferably in relation with immigration and / or education.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and German.
- Full computer literacy and knowledge of web content editing.
- Experience in working independently, under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Working with Precision and attention to detail.
- Ability to express sensitivity to students’ needs within the university regulations and discretion when dealing with sensitive / confidential information.
- Experience working in a Multicultural
- Open-mindedness, intercultural and interpersonal sensitivity.
- Friendly, pro-active, customer-oriented and problem-solving mindset.
Main internal customers
All enrolled students (and in some cases their dependents) who are enrolled in our Austria.
In-depth understanding of students’ mandatory administrative requirements set by the Austrian regulations and CEU’s rules and regulations with specific focus on residency, student life and student family support.
We offer a competitive annual salary of 40.700 EUR, which can commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
How to apply:
Applicants need to submit:
- Motivation letter
Please send your complete application package to:
Advert026@ceu.edu – including job code in subject line: 2021/026
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen an Advert026@ceu.edu