OneDollarGlasses (ODG) was founded in 2012 by Martin Aufmuth and has received many awards. Today, our non-profit association is active in eight project countries. Around 400 employees worldwide, including more than 200 volunteers in Germany, are committed to our common goal with great personal commitment.
(Information at: www.OneDollarGlasses.com)
Co-Country Coordinator Kenya (m/f/d); Volunteer
ODG’s social business model in Kenya is completely different from the ones in other ODG project countries. A pilot phase has been set up to develop and review a business model that is suitable for nationwide rollout. Therefore, we have to prove that the integration of eye screening, prescription and sales of OneDollarGlasses into the routine of the daily public health care services is achievable. Finally, the project shall be operated completely by the Kenyan public health system. Our current focus is on two health facilities in Kisii County.
- Support the local county director in leading the process of preparing and managing operations within Kisii County
- Cooperate in close teamwork with the county director (Kenya), the Country Coordinator (Germany) and other team members and stakeholders within ODG
- Support the county director in making the project sustainable at our implementation partners in the health facilities in Kisii County i.e. by managing revenue, cost and quality targets
- Contribute to the development of sales strategies and PR network for our project in Kisii county to meet the sales and social business targets
- Keep as team member contact with ministries, local authorities and other stakeholders within the health sector and the project context
- Prepare regular project reports
Requirements that you ideally meet:
- Intercultural competence
- International experience in negotiations with senior officials appreciated
- Structured working style—high degree of self-organisation and flexibility
- English “business fluent” in word and writing
Working 10 – 15 hours a week from your home office as a volunteer is requested. However, about two to three times a year a trip to Kenya for several weeks may be required. Travel costs will be covered by ODG.
If you are interested, please send your curriculum vitae and letter of motivation with your photo to Ullrich Angersbach (firstname.lastname@example.org).