Variante 1 oder 2: Text oder URL einfügen
Individual Giving Manager – Germany
Location: Flexible location within Germany
Reports to: Senior Fundraising Director – Europe
Salary: Gross salary of EUR 55,000 a year.
Humane Society International is one of the largest and most influential animal protection organizations in the world. Humane Society is striving for a better future for animals and people through advocacy, education, and hands-on programmes.
Our global headquarters are based in Washington, D.C., but we work on a wide variety of animal welfare issues in more than 50 countries in close cooperation with local organizations and national governments with whom we share our knowledge, expertise and experience. We endeavor to place animals on the political agenda and to raise greater awareness of animal protection issues.
We pride ourselves on the high degree of specialist scientific and technical expertise within our organization. HSI’s approach is to always strive to be part of the solution, rather than to simply protest against animal welfare problems or abuses.
Our strategy is leading to strong growth worldwide, which is why we are expanding our visibility and presence in Europe and we are looking for an Individual Giving Manager for our growing team in Germany.
Purpose of the role
Humane Society International (HSI) is opening an office in Germany and is looking for an Individual Giving Manager to develop and deliver its (regular giving) fundraising program.
In the role of the Individual Giving Manager, you will have the opportunity, together with the Country Director, to play a key role in shaping HSI’s activities in Germany. You will be working in developing and implementing our regular giving donation program working with fundraising agencies in Germany and in collaboration with new colleagues in the HSI Europe team as well as with various departments at our headquarters in the United States.
This role will require multi-year experience in the execution of small-gift fundraising programs and is an excellent and unique opportunity for a fundraiser, who wants to further develop their skills and experience and want to contribute to the welfare of animals.
The position reports to the Senior Fundraising Director – Europe, and is under the functional guidance of the fundraising department at HSI’s global headquarters in Washington, DC.
- Develop and execute a strategy and plan for individual, small gift fundraising in Germany, in order to generate funds for our animal protection programmes.
- Achieve the annual targets agreed for all areas of individual giving.
- Explore and test new methods for donor recruitment and increasing donations.
- Set up supporter engagement and stewardship. Work with the team to develop and implement a stewardship programme including regular newsletters, mailings and on-line activity.
- Prepare detailed income and expenditure reports for each area of activity. Interpret data in order to measure effectiveness and return on investment. Prepare quarterly forecasts for individual giving income.
- Work with colleagues who support communications and marketing activities to produce strong and compelling fundraising materials.
- Manage comprehensive information in donor records, ensuring compliance with all relevant data protection and privacy regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience required. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Strong fundraising experience, in particular in the management of regular giving programs.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superior written, communications and interpersonal skills in German and in English.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan workload in order to manage fundraising program priorities and meet agreed targets.
- Knowledge and understanding of data protection regulations.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and maintain good communication with HSI.
- A great opportunity to programmatically improve the life of animals through campaigns
- A unique opportunity for experienced fundraisers who want to broaden their horizons and participate in building a new country location
- Impactful and personal development
- Paid internal and external training opportunities
- Interesting contractual terms
- A gross salary of EUR 55,000 a year
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Possibility for 80% work scope
- Assumption of travel expenses based on German legislation
- The position is offered on the basis of a 12-month contract, renewable if targets are met.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume/CV in strict confidence by email to Karem Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that documents are sent with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” and state „HSI – IG Manager Germany” in the email subject line. Please do let us know, in your covering email, where you found out about the post.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 12th April 2020