Project Manager – Full time
IUSY is looking for a Project Manager for its Secretariat. As Project Manager of IUSY you are engaged in all our activities and will get a very broad and multicultural management experience. You will also get a unique chance to study the world from a political and social perspective.
IUSY Secretariat is a small team consisting of the Secretary-General who leads the work and three Project Managers. The job is full-time, including frequent travelling all over the world and work during weekends or in the evenings. The Secretariat is based in Vienna, Austria, where you are required to move.
We hope that you are ready to start working at latest the beginning/middle of February.
- In cooperation with the Secretary-General and the rest of the Secretariat, the Project Manager assists in the management, preparation and running of seminars, statutory meetings and other political initiatives set out by IUSY.
- The Project Manager is responsible for the IUSY Global Project. The project covers IUSY regional committee meetings, working group gatherings, Training of Trainers (Non-Formal Education), and a Global Seminar.
- The Project Manager will be responsible for project and funding applications, as well as its reporting.
- In addition to the previously mentioned tasks, the Project Manager assists in the daily running of the secretariat, helping the Secretary-General in the organization’s tasks.
- To generate ideas for developing the Global Project.
- Responsible for narrative and financial reporting of Global projects (Committee Meetings, Workshops, Training sessions)
- Responsible for management of the activities that are outlined in the project description, led by the Secretary-General in cooperation with Presidium, IUSY Member Organizations and other actors.
- Responsible for social media campaigns in cooperation with the Vice-President with that responsibility in the Presidium
- Responsible for preparing and organizing follow-up activities for OPC projects together with the Secretary-General, presidium, and Project Manager.
- Managing communication regarding the projects (updating the web page, social media etc.)
- Administrative office tasks
- Experience in organizing big-scale events (200+ pax)
- Preferably experienced in managing stressful situations with a practical mind
- Respect and share the values of IUSY
- Have an interest in human rights, democracy building and international solidarity. o Capacity to organize conferences, run programs, campaigns, seminars, training etcetera
- Capacity to work in a team as well as individually and in the multicultural environment of IUSY
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized; Ability to meet deadlines
- Be ready to be flexible in terms of working hours and able to work under time pressure. (Sometimes working on weekends)
- Interpersonal skills.
- Creative with a strong mind for ideas for new projects and campaigns.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. A good knowledge in Spanish and/or German is desirable.
- Proven experience in social media
- Advance knowledge of content management systems
- Managing Microsoft Office Package
- Experience of Adobe Photoshop essential and knowledge of Flash/Fireworks an advantage.
- Prior knowledge and use of analytical tools and software including Google Analytics. o A strong understanding and experience of working with applying for projects.
IUSY offers a full-time open contract (38,5 hours/week) that complies with the Austrian labour legislation pay scale grouping. IUSY operates a 14-month salary system. The salary is 2.500€ per month before taxation (two months’ salary is given in July and December). The candidate should have a work permit for Austria or EU citizenship. The contract will be a 1 year fixed contract with possibility of extension indefinitely.
IUSY is an International NGO made up of about 150 socialist, social democratic and labour youth organisations from over 100 countries all over the world. IUSY is the world’s biggest political youth organization.
Our international organization has over 100 years of experience in running activities for the promotion of our principles and ideas of young people for political solutions to issues and challenges of pressing concern in their societies. Our activities include short- and long-term programs aiming at strengthening youth organizations through education and cooperation, empowering young people for active participation in social and political life through seminars, conferences and debates, increasing equal participation of underrepresented groups of young people and providing a global platform for cooperation and exchange of ideas of young people through world youth festivals, global campaigns and global communication platforms. We organize activities all over the world, Conferences, Meetings, Seminars, Workshops, Training, Study Visits and Festivals. We believe in a world based on equality, sustainability, and solidarity. We want young people to be able to shape their own future. Therefore, the struggle for democracy and human rights comes first for us!
Applications should be sent to IUSY Secretary General at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: IUSY PM – [YOUR NAME AND SURNAME]. Please CC email@example.com in the email.
The application should include the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Passport copy
- Preferably 1/2 reference letters
Interviews will be held in Vienna, Austria (in case travel is possible). Video interview is also possible. After the interviews, candidates will be informed of the results. Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The new staff is expected to join the office at already beginning/middle of February (latest 15th of February) and the deadline for applying to the call is the 25th of January.
IUSY Secretary General
Du willst das Formular nicht nutzen? Schicke deine Bewerbung an firstname.lastname@example.org.