Internal Communications Manager (f/m/nb)
Light for the World is a global disability and development organisation whose vision is an inclusive society where no one is left behind. We enable crucial eye health services and help empower people with disabilities in some of the poorest regions of the world. As an employer, we aim to foster a workplace in which individual differences are recognised, appreciated, and respected, in ways that utilise each person’s talents and strengths.
We are looking for a committed and passionate new colleague in our international Communications team to cover the position of
Internal Communications Manager (f/m/nb)
Full-time (40h) / Vienna – other international locations possible
We especially encourage and welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
Internal communications is key to Light for the World’s success. Our Internal Communications Manager directs key messages, information flows and engagement activities which nurture our unique brand and identity, bolster staff morale, and ultimately support colleagues to do their job well. They focus on delivering messages to our diverse global workforce, reaching colleagues from London to Munich, Juba, Addis Ababa and beyond. They work across three main pillars: Information & Knowledge, Engagement & Connection, and Advice & Strategy.
- Coordinate and deliver content on different internal communication channels
- Explore and advise on other new desirable tools and platforms – including a social intranet – for the future
- Help staff members to easily access, share and use data and knowledge
- Develop processes, platforms and systems to enable a collaborative culture
- Deliver communications which encourage and support staff members’ feelings of connectivity, involvement, trust and motivation
- Deliver communications that reflects our vision, mission and brand
- Establish strategic internal communication plans in line with the senior management
- Advise the CEO and International Management Board on internal communications, including in times of crisis
- Help translate key strategic documents into formats that resonate with wider staff
- Great interpersonal, intercultural and relationship-building skills in order to connect with individuals and teams across all departments
- Excellent English writing, editing and proofreading skills; German language skills are a plus
- The ability to transform complexity into easy language
- The skills to confidently facilitate global staff meetings and strong voice towards senior management
- Strategic thinking: the ability to develop and execute strategic communications plans and to advise senior management on communication topics
- Sensitivity to Light for the World’s vision and values and the ability to relay them to employees
- Digital & creative; visual story telling skills
- Familiarity with intranet, knowledge management and digital communication tools
- Audio and video content production experience is a bonus
What we offer:
- an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through an international development organisation and to extend your professional experience
- a highly motivated, professional and diverse team that strives towards continuous development. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas.
- a competitive salary for the NGO sector, incl. full social insurance and other benefits
- flexible working hours with remote working options
- a friendly, dynamic and inclusive working environment
Please apply exclusively via our application tool at:
Please include a full CV and a letter of motivation in German or English to let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion in our organization. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, and we very much welcome applications from people with disabilities. For any questions related to accessibility and inclusion at Light for the World, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte www.light-for-the-world.org.