Chief Executive Officer (m/f/d)
Our client is an independent global disability and development organisation, enabling eye health services and empowering people with disabilities in some of the poorest regions of the world. Light for the World aims at sustainable systems change rather than anecdotal humanitarian relief aid. The organization is guided by the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and strongly believes in cooperation and partnership with local institutions, organisations, communities, and experts. Light for the World works in West, East, and Southern African countries (Burkina Faso, DRC, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, South Sudan, and Uganda). The organisation focuses on growth in terms of global visibility and impact.
For the international office of Light for the World we are looking for a
Chief Executive Officer (m/f/d)
Non-profit Organisation | Global Impact | Headquarters in Vienna
- Preparation and execution of the resolutions of the Board of Trustees
- Facilitating the processes on vision, mission, strategy, and standards and save-guarding their respective implementation
- Representation of Light for the World internationally, increasing its global visibility and impact
- Advocacy, communication and fundraising with a view to further international visibility and growth
- Fostering and development of strategic partnerships and alliances
- Coordination and management of the organization with a view to effectiveness and compliance
- Leading the international office and its staff, developing the whole organization, its people, and its culture in
accordance with the results of the governance review starting in early 2022
- Line management of International Management Team
- Ultimate responsibility for budgets, financial planning and reporting, risk management
- Substantial leadership experience gained in either a non-profit organization or a foundation
- Deep understanding of the non-profit environment
- Significant track record of forming strategic partnerships across sectors
- Preferably first-hand experience either in the field of International Development and cooperation or the disability sector
- Working experience in an international context, preferably in relation to the Global South
- Excellent organisational, administrative, and financial management skills; experience in organisational development/change
- Strong strategic-conceptual and analytical skills along with realism and hands-on orientation
- Entrepreneurial vision and the ability to “dream big” with a sound understanding of the characteristics of the Non-Profit sector
- Experienced, confident, and inspiring leader with empathy and the ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities
- Capacity to integrate different stakeholders and manage potentially conflicting interests
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, to represent the organization in a multitude of high-profile settings, including media, politics, and civil society
- Fluent in English, preferably also in German
Light for the World is dedicated to diversity. It values equal opportunities and welcomes applications from equally dedicated people – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
If you have any further questions, please contact Anne von Fallois and Bianca Secchi at +43 1 533 51 88 48. Absolute discretion and confidentiality are guaranteed.
Please apply via Kienbaum Jobs with your application documents (cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates as well as your salary expectations and possible starting date) quoting the reference number 20800.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.kienbaum.com.