Finance Specialist / Controlling (f/m/nb)
Light for the World is a global disability and development organisation whose vision is an inclusive society where no one is left behind. We enable crucial eye health services and help empower people with disabilities in some of the poorest regions of the world. As an employer, we aim to foster a workplace in which individual differences are recognised, appreciated, and respected, in ways that utilise each person’s talents and strengths.
We are looking for a committed and passionate new colleague in our international Finance team to cover the position of
Finance Specialist / Controlling (f/m/nb)
full time (40h), Vienna
You are an essential part of the International Finance Team based in Vienna and work with colleagues globally. Your primarily focus is on strengthening the planning and monitoring of our cost coverage through donors, a crucial role to ensure Light for the World remains in a healthy financial position.Over the past years we successfully attracted additional donors funding our programmes and we have strengthened our financial planning and monitoring. As a next step we aim to align the internal- and donor-related financial planning and monitoring, to increase efficiency, transparency and ensure a single source of information. And we need to intensify our financial analysis, develop reports and set the necessary standards to ensure a full cost recovery of our programmes through donor funds.
Further development of our financial monitoring systems and specific report development to simplify donor reporting. Financial analysis and standardization of unit costs to ensure full cost recovery through donors. And alignment of income and expense monitoring to ensure we remain in a healthy financial position.
You will collaborate with an amazing group of colleagues, other teams, departments and our country offices in the South; we strongly believe that alignment, transparency and standardization of cross-departmental process are the key to success in this context.
Next to your core tasks you will contribute to other projects, including the alignment of our thematic and financial planning, strengthening data driven decision making, process management and documentation. You will also conduct capacity strengthening activities, through trainings and one to one session with respective colleagues.
You join a highly motivated team, appreciating your experience and eager to jointly shape Light for the World’s financial monitoring and reporting.
- Diploma in business administration, non-profit management or a related study with a finance-based subject
- Relevant professional experience in financial and/ or grant management in an international environment
- Accurate working with financial figures. Knowledge of accounting, controlling and grant management procedures
- Strong analytical mindset to perform data analysis
- Strong ability to graphically present data and financial figures
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Experience in working with databases, e.g. accounting (e.g. Quickbooks and/or BMD) or planning software
- Excellent English skills, ideally German; Other languages, e.g. French or Portuguese are an asset
- Proactive personality – interest to work in a dynamic environment, and to proactively provide input to shape future financial analysis and reporting
- Solution oriented – able to act and react, even if limited information is available or the environment is volatile
- Ability to understand the specific requirements of institutional donors
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment, strongly motivated and excellent organizational skills
- Interest in development cooperation and committed to Light for the World’s mandate and values
What we can offer as an employer
- an outstanding opportunity to extend your professional experience and bring about change through an international development organization
- a highly motivated and professional team that strives towards continuous development. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas.
- an annual gross salary of approximately EUR 39,000.- (based on 40hrs/week)
- flexible working hours with home office options
- an annual season ticket for public transportation (Wiener Linien)
- an occupational pension scheme
- a well-equipped office in an easy-to-reach location (U6 Niederhofstraße)
- a friendly, innovative and dynamic working environment
Please apply exclusively via our application tool at:
Please include a full CV and a letter of motivation in English to let us know why you would like to join Light for the World and why you consider yourself suitable.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion in our organization. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, and we very much welcome applications from people with disabilities. For any questions related to accessibility and inclusion at Light for the World, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte www.light-for-the-world.org.