Director of New Funding
Location: Ideally UK or Europe. Candidates must have the right to work in the country from which they apply.
Salary: £80,000 – £100,000 based on experience. For other countries adjusted based on the cost of labour for the country in which the candidate resides.
Reports to: Vice President, Global Partnerships and Philanthropy.
Direct Reports: 3 with further team growth planned.
Contract Type: Permanent, full-time 37.5 hour a week with possibility of flexible working.
MSI Reproductive Choices is one of the world’s leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare. We believe that everyone should have the right to choose. From contraception to safe abortion and life-saving post-abortion care, we are committed to delivering compassionate, affordable, high-quality services for all.
Today, our organisation has over 9,000 team members working in 37 countries across the world. Our success lies in the fact that MSI teams are locally led, entrepreneurial and results-driven, and are passionate about delivering high quality, client-centered care, in their own communities. As a social business, we focus on sustainable delivery, efficiency, and funding models that are built to last, so that the women and girls we serve today will have a choice in the future too.
We know that access to reproductive choice is life changing. For some, it can mean the ability to complete an education or start a career. For others, it means being able to look after the family they already have. For everyone, it means the freedom to decide their own future, creating a fairer, more equal world.
MSI is seeking a dynamic, bold, and strategic fundraising leader to establish a new team with-in MSI focused on securing new private donors outside of the US market. This role offers a remarkable opportunity to shape and lead MSI’s ambitious goals and vision for high-value private funding sources, which today contributes a third of our global funding.
This newly established team and leadership role sits within the International Partnerships and Philanthropy (P&P) team which leads on our global engagement with foundations, trusts, corporate partners, and philanthropists. We have a highly successful US and UK philanthropy program and a proven track record of building high scale & ambitious global funder relationships and a track record of delivering remarkable impact results. With this new role and team, we seek to take our successful approach out to new donors and markets: beginning with Europe but over the coming years also engaging strategically in the MENA, Asia, and Africa regions.
MSI has outstanding proposal design, donor management, and stewardship teams within our Global Funding department. This role will therefore be primarily focused on securing new relationships and opportunities with the close partnership and support of these other teams.
Who are we seeking?
Our ideal candidate is a dynamic leader and communicator, self-starter and strategic thinker who has advanced entrepreneurial skills and exceptional relationship and stewardship skills. They will have a proven track record of securing high value, multi annual, funding commitments and will be someone who thrives on meeting audacious targets.
They will have experience across a range of private donor contexts and will be adept at working in traditional funding environments as well as engaging with newly emerging new philanthropist and impact investor communities. They will recruit, lead and mentor a team of specialists who are also pioneering these new types of funding relationships for the MSI.
MSI places a high value on collaborative working – so this candidate will also be an active thought partner, ally, and support to our fundraising colleagues in the US and Australian markets – sharing ideas, leads and resources.
This role will ideally be based in either the UK or Europe. But due to the nature of the role we expect the successful candidate to spend much of their time outside the office, networking, and meeting with donors/prospective donors.
The role includes line management of the UK private funding program, plus two new colleagues to be appointed by the Director, with more roles available based upon results & as strategy is developed.
- Build, shape and lead the MSI New Funding team & New Funding strategy, working closely alongside our US & Australian fundraising leaders; focused on a wide range of private donor communities, both traditional, emerging & in the innovative space.
- Lead the strategic planning, vision, and goal setting for MSI’s private philanthropic funding in new and emerging markets.
- Co-lead, with other colleagues, in the development of MSI’s new market strategy.
- Ensure rigorous prospect identification, research, and networking planning: leveraging MSI’s existing pool of remarkable donors and champions to secure new opportunities.
- Develop clear stewardship and solicitation plans for identified key funding prospects.
- Establish strong collaborative relationships across MSI to ensure all the resources, support, and partnerships are in place to optimize success. Work with MSI colleagues to support organisational understanding of how New Funding programs work optimally.
- Drive the MSI New Funding program with a clear focus on meeting audacious income goals, with a provisional goal of £15m for 2023 (the first full year of operation).
- Ensure that the New Funding team is run on principles of optimal impact – with a nimble and strategically focused culture.
To perform this role, it is essential that you have the following skills:
- A strong understanding of the range of frameworks, contexts and motivators for private donor funding and impact investing. Able to speak persuasively and authentically across those frameworks and contexts.
- Outstanding communication skills: able to ‘own the room’ when needed, articulate technical detail compellingly and convey the remarkable and transformational nature of our mission.
- Ability to develop effective cross-departmental relationships across an organisation to achieve mutual objectives.
To perform this role, it is essential that you have the following experience:
- 7+ years of proven experience in securing and driving high impact and high value (£10ms+) partnerships and donor relationships across a range of donor communities.
- Exceptional networks within the high-value private sector, ideally both within Europe, and other regions; ideally within traditional HNWI & Foundations communities, but also with new and emerging donor communities.
- Experience of working within & fundraising for a large complex international INGO delivering programs in multiple countries.
- Proven record of managing and leading high performing teams with an approach of positive energy, entrepreneurialism, and excitement to meet ambitious goals.
- No formal educational requirement, qualification through experience is sufficient for the role.
We recruit talented, dynamic people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all united by a belief in our mission and a focus on delivering measurable results. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a fully inclusive workplace, where everyone feels able to participate and contribute meaningfully. You must be open-minded, curious, resilient, and solutions-oriented, and be committed to promoting equality, and safeguarding the welfare of team members and clients alike.
For this role, we’re looking for an individual who is:
- Excited by the opportunity to transform MSI’s high-value private funding portfolio and shape MSI’s broader fundraising approach.
- Able to role model personal values of integrity, authenticity, good humour, and positive energy.
- Able to work well with others across disciplines and cultures.
- Able to manage a heavy and fluctuating workload.
- Results orientated.
- Pro MSI philosophy of social enterprise and cost recovery.
Mission Driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower people to have children by choice not chance.
Client Centred: We are dedicated to our clients and work tirelessly to deliver high-quality, high-impact services that meet their individual needs.
Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and focus on results, ensuring long term sustainability and increasing the impact of the Partnership.
Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate, and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
Resilient: In challenging situations, we work together and support each other, adapting and learning to find solutions, whatever we’re up against.
Inclusive: We believe that diversity is a strength. We all play our part in creating a culture where every team member can thrive, feel valued and contribute meaningfully to our mission, and where all our clients feel welcome and supported.
How to apply
Please send a letter of application stating your motivation for applying and the skills that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in English and in strict confidence by email only to Zoe Oldham firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that they are sent as pdf documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “MSI Reproductive Choices – Director of New Funding” in the email subject line. Also please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 10th July 2022
Daryl Upsall International actively promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. In recruiting candidates, we seek candidates with the proven skills required, irrespective of race, gender, religion or belief, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
Bitte gib bei deiner Bewerbung an, dass du den Job über NGOjobs.eu gefunden hast. Bewirb dich jetzt per E-Mail an email@example.com