Variante 1 oder 2: Text oder URL einfügen
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
For our operations in Soroti/Uganda, we are looking for an
Peace advisor (m/f/d) for planning, monitoring and evaluation for the Civil Peace Program Uganda, in Teso
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) of GIZ Uganda is focusing on the prevention and transformation of land conflicts in Teso and Karamoja since 2014. The core of the program is the support to 13 interest groups, composed of approximately 150 civil society organizations – including women’s organizations, academic institutions and faith based organizations, representatives of local governments and traditional leaders as part of a wider Multi-Stakeholder-Process. The aim is to enable respective actors to coordinate their measures and interventions and to optimize the prevention and transformation of land conflicts, leading to improved land management structures and mechanisms as well as a better protection of land rights in the region. In 2019 the program has entered in its second phase. Based on the CPS Country strategy for Uganda 2019-2023, an additional focus will be laid on communication and awareness raising.
- Supporting the program coordinator and the team in the implementation of the new phase of the ZDF program in Uganda
- Responsibility for the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) and knowledge management of the overall program and the capacity development of the partner organizations in the areas indicated
- Support and maintenance of an integrated, impact-oriented monitoring and evaluation system at program and partner level
- Supporting essentially the whole strategic and operational planning of the ZFD program in Uganda and the development and implementation of structures for sustainable knowledge management within the CPS overall program
- Conception and implementation of trainings in impact-oriented PM&E and knowledge management for partner organisations
- Enhancing the integration of cross-cutting topics like do-no-harm, human rights, gender equality and participatory approaches within the program and with partners
- Contributing to the continuous context and conflict analysis of the ZFD team and assisting the Program Coordinator in the monitoring of the results achievement of the overall program and reporting
- Preparing evaluation and documentation of results achievement (lessons learned)
- Master’s degree or comparable degree in Social / Political Science, Peace and Conflict Studies or equivalent academic education
- Sound professional experience in strategic programming and management of peace interventions
- Theoretical and practical competence in impact-oriented PM&E and knowledge management
- Good training and moderation skills, experience with participatory methods of adult education
- Experience and knowledge in the field of civilian conflict prevention and transformation and a good understanding of peacebuilding and conflict prevention issues in East Africa
- Theoretical or practical experience in the field of land conflicts and work experience in Africa are of great advantage
- High frustration tolerance, perseverance and intercultural competence are required
- Fluent knowledge of the English language (written and oral)
- In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 09/16/2019.
For further information:
You can find this job under the Job-ID P1533V2048