Project Manager (div/f/m/*)
Befristet, Vollzeit · Berlin
For our project focused on Supporting Women in Resistance and Liberation Movements in Peace Negotiations and Post-War Transitions for our Global Learning for Conflict Transformation Department, we are looking for a
Project Manager (div/f/m)
The full-time position will be based in Berlin with frequent travel.
- You are the co-lead for the design and implementation of all activities and development of the network, as well as the strategic design of the project both internally and externally.
- You co-design and implement the conflict transformation process with the second project manager, and work with the team to ensure successful implementation of the project activities (both in-person and online).
- You provide specific expertise on negotiation, mediation and dialogue processes and/or transitional processes (such as DDR, dealing with the past) with specific focus on the role of women from non-state armed groups.
- To ensure constant development of the area of work you are responsible for the development of draft concept notes, project proposals and ensure that a consolidated plan for the entire project cycle incl. financial calculations is in implemented and adapted to reflect the dynamics of the project and the network.
- You are responsible for strategic relationships and strategic communication with project partners/stakeholders/participants and experts.
- Mentor and advise junior roles within your project scope.
- Frequent travels (also to high risk areas), dependent on Covid-19 related regulations.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- You hold a Master degree (accred. Universities) within relevant field such as Peace and Conflict Studies, Political Science, Gender Studies, Law, International Relations or similar.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience (managing projects with multiple stakeholders and partners in the peacebuilding field).
- Experience and knowledge of the women, peace and security agenda, gender-sensitive programming, and workshop design and implementation, an asset.
- You contribute regional experience in one or more of the following regions: South East Asia, Latin America or the Middle East.
- You have experience in remote communication & cooperation, and operating online communication and workshop platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English (at least C1-level) as well as the ability to work in one of the following languages is desired German, Spanish or French.
- Professional skills in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Teams) complete your profile.
- Strong ability to work with perseverance as part of a team as well as independently.
- Curiosity and strong empathetic/intercultural skills
- Ability to work under time-pressure.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and in highly complex situations.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Highly experienced and engaged community of practice
- Transparent terms of compensation (house-tariff)
- Highly relevant, insightful and challenging tasks
- Confidence-based flexible working hours
- Flexibility regarding office vs. mobile working solutions
- If needed – advisory services regarding visa matters and travel conditions
- Agile mindset
The contract duration of the full-time position is limited until 31 December 2023, with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of project funds.
Application procedure: Please submit your CV and cover letter as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) by 12 December 2021 (ending with end of business hours).
We welcome diversity and are happy to receive applications from people regardless of their ethnic, social and national
origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation and marital status.
We look forward to receiving your application!
The Berghof Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization supporting people in conflict in their efforts to achieve sustainable peace through conflict transformation and peacebuilding. Headquartered in Berlin, the organization is run by a diverse team and works with local partners around the world.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte berghof-foundation-operations-ggmbh.jobs.personio.de.