Project Manager (m/w/d)
Kiron Open Higher Education is a non-profit organization offering free online learning opportunities to refugees and underserved communities worldwide since 2015. Through the platform, Kiron Campus, students receive access to high-quality higher education and a large online student community. Kiron’s innovative model consists of free, tailor-made study programs by clustering Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) from renowned educational providers, collective impact partners and Open Educational Resources (OERs) for academic, professional and personal growth.
At Kiron, we are tackling the huge societal challenge of making high-quality education accessible to underserved communities. To do that, we count on 60 employees from 25 different nationalities that want to have a real impact in the lives of the thousands of students served by our Campus. Kiron is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our community of students, staff members and partners, ensuring that our projects and activities are delivered in a way which keeps everyone safe. Background and reference checks might be required.
- You are responsible for the management of the project “The Digital Campus: a portal of networked platform services for international students” funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and lead by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) as well as other publicly funded EU and German Government projects.
- You are responsible for the planning and execution of the project work plan, as well as the management of the platform development in corporation with the project partners and Kiron’s Tech team.
- You provide expert knowledge in the field of higher education, open educational resources and the European Higher Education landscape.
- You prepare work meetings with partners and represent Kiron within these work meetings.
- You are responsible for documenting project progress: this entails project reports as requested by funders, as well as presentations to an external audience to make progress visible.
- University degree in education, business, social sciences or a comparable field.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in managing complex projects of publicly funded projects on German governmental or EU-level with a proven track record of successful project management and partner collaboration.
- In-depth expertise and ideally practical experience in the areas of the German Higher Education System, Open Educational Resources and digital mobility.
- You are comfortable with agile work principles such Kanban or Scrum.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German as a liaison between various internal departments and external partners.
- Capable of working in a collaborative environment while maintaining a high level of personal accountability,
- Exceptional problem-solving and negotiation abilities.
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to education for refugees and underserved communities worldwide.
The chance to work independently in a dynamic, international, and entrepreneurial team of an innovative and fast-paced social startup.
A competitive salary within the German Federal TVoD remuneration levels.
The opportunity to learn, experiment and grow through Kiron’s Innovation Days and our open feedback culture.
Health promotion: contribution to an Urban Sports Club membership, plus regular focus on mental health and mindfulness.
30 vacation days with a 5-day week and a company pension plan.
Flexibility working hours and the possibility to work remotely.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
Send your application via email with the subject “PM + your name” until the 1st of December 2021 to:
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from Black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can provide financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact Hr@kiron.ngo if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.fundraiser-magazin.de.