Variante 1 oder 2: Text oder URL einfügen
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT 2020/10
IT System Administrator (40 H/WEEK)
We are seeking a dedicated and pro-active Digital professional with the technical skills and the understanding of the digital workplace and its impact on the organisations objectives and aims.
The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) invests in clean energy markets in low- and middle-income countries to generate energy access, improve lives and economic opportunities, build sustainable markets, and combat climate change. REEEP is a QuasiInternational Organisation under Austrian law operating in a growing international environment that is rapidly expanding in influence and impact. REEEP values innovation, cooperation and commitment and has a young and results-oriented team of approximately 25 staff at its International Secretariat in Vienna, Austria working hand-in-hand with partners based in our countries of implementation.
About the Role
As part of the REEEP International Secretariat, you will support REEEPs digital infrastructure: you make sure that the organization is adopting and running a stable, secure and efficient digital environment in line with REEEPs strategic business plan. You will help define and implement organization-wide processes and systems, and work with all teams – from finance to communications to all of our public-facing initiatives (“programmes”). You will have a hands-on role in setting up and maintaining such systems. This role is also responsible for system security requirements for compliance with data protection policies in the organisation.
For this role, demonstrable experience managing organizational IT infrastructure is required, as well as the ability to balance the technical and business needs of the organisation.
The position has the following tasks and responsibilities within REEEP:
- Support all information systems for REEEP-wide use, including crossprogramme software solutions, collaboration and communication
platforms, and information systems (i.e. workflow management system (Fluxx), Microsoft 365 Suite, Confluence, JIRA, …)
- Administer servers, laptop, desktop computers, printers, routers, phones, company mobile phones, software deployment, security updates and patches; support internet, LANs, and network segments
- Diagnose, respond and solve incidents/service requests including troubleshooting, installation, and removal of hardware/software
- Interact with external customers and staff at the technical level
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure
- Develop guidelines to guide the acquisition and use of software and hardware
- Keep track of the organisation’s equipment (IT asset management) and procure new equipment where necessary (considering use cases, budgets, etc.)
- Act as the main technical administrator for all organizational and crossprogramme systems in use (cloud services, email/active directory, websites, IT Infrastructure) as well as the main administrator for Public Cloud Service providers
- Provide support to users by responding to and addressing problems encountered by users through a helpdesk environment (JIRA)
- Inform and train users on system changes, downtimes of services, etc.
- Provide advice and support for programmes with the procurement or use of IT systems, including legacy systems currently used by REEEP
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and analyze and document information needs and process flows to identify and address facets
related to data protection
- Work closely with the legal department regarding GDPR compliant system configuration
- Support the IT aspects for REEEP owned web presences, webinars and during events.
About the Profile
- A first-level technical degree, i.e. Management Information Systems, Computer Science, IT or similar; Advanced degree an advantage.
- Specialized training on systems security or data protection a distinct asset
- At least 2-3 years of directly relevant professional experience
- Admin-level experience for the digital workplace (especially in the Microsoft landscape including AzureAD, Office 365, MS Teams, Intune/MDM, Windows 10 Pro)
- Strong IT Service Desk and knowledge management related experience (Confluence, JIRA)
- Proven troubleshooting abilities with applications and Network related issues
- Experience on managing the admin and server backend of web sites (i.e. WordPress, Drupal)
- Knowledge of the implications of data protection regulations upon systems security requirements and GDPR
- Client- and service-oriented approach with internal and external user groups
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English (REEEP’s working language)
About the Package
For this 40h/week full time position, REEEP offers a minimum monthly salary of EUR 2700 (gross, paid 14 times per year, subject to Austrian social security contributions, currently free of income tax due to REEEP’s special status as a “Quasi-International Organisation”).
It further includes five weeks paid leave as well as an average of 14 Austrian and UN holidays per annum. The work location is the Vienna International Centre (“UNO City”) in Vienna, Austria. The envisaged starting date is 1 November 2020.
Due to its special legal status, applicants must have or be able to obtain a valid residency permit for Austria/EU, but do not require a work permit.
REEEP is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard for age, gender, race, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
REEEP retains the discretion to modify the role and title according to the applicant’s individual skill set and qualification.
About the Application
Applicants are kindly requested to address their CV, motivation/covering letter and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only complete and timely submitted applications will be considered and that only short-listed candidates will receive individual communication. The selection procedure may include a written test.
Application deadline: 18 October 2020 (midnight CEST)
This is an advertisement for a full-time staff position. Please do not contact us unless you are applying for a position. Solicitations from service providers and brokers will be deleted and marked as spam.
By sending us your application, you consent to the processing of your personal data indicated in your application documents and related correspondence. Your application is treated strictly confidentially and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your personal data and application documents are only shared with REEEP staff and REEEP Governing Board members of the evaluation committee directly involved in the application process. In exceptional cases, recruitment processes include panel interviews which involve external members. If you are invited to such a panel interview, your application documents will also be shared with external panellists to allow them to prepare for the interview. REEEP will store your personal data and documents until six months after the application process has been completed, unless you consent to REEEP keeping your application in evidence for future job openings. Please see our Privacy Statement for further information on your rights under the GDPR and REEEP’s contact data.