Variante 1 oder 2: Text oder URL einfügen
Communications and Marketing Manager
We are seeking a creative, experienced and innovative Communications and Marketing Manager with strong expertise in international, multi-stakeholder communications. This is an exciting role encompassing all aspects of communications, both online and in print, remotely and in-person.
The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) is an impact-driven international non-profit organization that builds markets for clean energy in developing countries, primarily in Africa and Asia.
Our goals: increase energy access, reduce poverty, create economic opportunities, and combat climate change.
We are a unique bunch: a combination of (erstwhile) engineers, economists, lawyers, bankers, operations experts and development specialists who are bringing start-up energy and blue-sky ideas to tackle big challenges. REEEP’s head office is in Vienna, Austria, but we work hand-in-hand with partners based in our countries of implementation.
About the role
The Communications and Marketing Manager is responsible for conceptualizing, developing and implementing communications priorities and outreach approaches in line with REEEP’s growth strategy. The successful candidate will develop, promote and manage REEEP’s identity, develop key messages and produce content for all channels and act as focal point for REEEP’s media outreach including press liaison and event participation, campaigns and publications.
S/he will manage project communication initiatives, develop REEEP information and PR materials (e.g. annual report), and work with external communication experts including consultants, designers, printers, photographers and videographers.
S/he will monitor, report on and improve REEEP’s stakeholder outreach, target-group efficiency and quality.
In due time, the Communications and Marketing Manager will have the opportunity to build a communications team to implement the tasks and responsibilities arising out of REEEP’s anticipated growth path.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Management of REEEP’s positioning as “go-to” renewable energy project partner and attractive employer; its strategic communications, press and brand priorities
- Further development, implementation and monitoring of REEEP’s communications strategies and activities at the organizational level including appropriate brand management
- Management of all REEEP’s on- and offline communications channels and activities, including management of the website and social media, production of reports, branding collateral, audio-visual and other materials, production and release of press releases and marketing campaigns, event organisation and organisation of event participation
- Establishment, implementation and monitoring of programme/project communication plans including the development and subsequent management of branding and programme-specific channels, tailored communication formats; creation and publication of relevant media content as well as event organisation
- Acting as REEEP press spokesperson and preparation and management of press releases and media outreach
- Expansion of outreach within and beyond REEEP’s ecosystem to generate and secure future business opportunities and support its fundraising activities
- Procurement, contracting and oversight of external communication experts and subcontractors
- Quality management of internal documents and reports, ensuring organizational development and continuous improvement
Who we are looking for
- Minimum of 4 years’ of progressively advancing responsibilities in strategic, brand and project communication management, preferably in an international environment
- Master’s degree related to the area of work (e.g. Communication, PR, Int. Relations etc), additional training is an asset; Master’s degree in Environment, Climate Change, Sustainability or International Development in combination with professional communication experience is considered equivalent
- Perfect written and verbal English, and demonstrated experience writing and editing compelling texts for different audiences and channels. Proficiency in German or languages spoken in REEEP’s focus regions is an asset
- Demonstrated expertise in stakeholder and relationship management to generate outreach
- Ability to coordinate remote contributions to communications projects across time zones
- Ability to prioritise and manage many different strands of work simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to reach out and coordinate stakeholders with a high degree of intercultural sensitivity
- Computer proficiency, notably MS Office, workflow management, and content management systems. Experience working with graphic design suites (e.g. Adobe) is a particular asset
- Experience managing social media channels is an asset
- Experience working with Google Ads and Google Analytics is an asset
- Experience managing procurement processes is an asset
What we offer
For this 40h/week full time position, REEEP offers a minimum monthly salary of EUR 2.600 (gross, paid 14 times per year for an annual salary of EUR 36,400, subject to Austrian social security contributions, currently free of income tax due to REEEP’s status as “Quasi International Organisation”). It further includes five weeks paid leave (prorated to part-time) as well as an average of 14 Austrian and UN holidays per annum.
The envisaged starting date is 15 November 2019. The work location is the Vienna International Centre (‘UNO City’) in Vienna, Austria.
Due to REEEP’s special legal status, applicants must have or be able to obtain a valid residency permit for Austria/EU, but do not require a work permit.
REEEP is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard for age, gender, race, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
How to apply
Applicants are kindly requested to address their CV, motivation letter and any supporting documents to email@example.com. Please refer to ‘Communications and Marketing Manager’ in the subject line of your email. Please note that only complete and timely submitted applications will be considered and that only short-listed candidates will receive individual communication. The selection procedure may include a written test.
Application deadline: 15 October 2019 (midnight CET)
Privacy notice for job applicants
By sending us your application, you consent to the processing of your personal data indicated in your application documents and related correspondence. Your application is treated strictly confidentially and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your personal data and application documents are only shared with REEEP staff directly involved in the application process. In exceptional cases, recruitment processes include panel interviews which involve external members. If you are invited to such a panel interview, your application documents will also be shared with external panellists to allow them to prepare for the interview. REEEP will store your personal data and documents until six months after the application process has been completed, unless you consent to REEEP keeping your application in evidence for future job openings. Please see our Privacy Statement for further information on your rights under the GDPR and REEEP’s contact data.