Variante 1 oder 2: Text oder URL einfügen
Junior Legal Counsel (40 h/week)
REEEP is seeking a pro-active, service oriented and flexible full-time Junior Legal Counsel (40 h/week), who wants to grow with REEEP.
The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) invests in clean energy markets in low- and middle-income countries to generate energy access, improve lives and economic opportunities, build sustainable markets, and combat climate change. REEEP is a Quasi-International Organisation under Austrian law operating in a growing international environmentthat is rapidly expanding in influence and impact. REEEP values innovation, cooperation and commitment and has a young and results-oriented team of 21 at its International Secretariat in Vienna, Austria and international partner organisations.
The Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) is a multilateral public private partnership, originally initiated under the UNFCCC. PFAN is hosted by UNIDO in cooperation with REEEP. PFAN matches private financing with innovative low carbon, climate resilient projects in developing countries and emerging economies with a small public investment. It operates through a low-risk, low overhead networking model based on fixed fee project development, transaction advisory services, and investor forums, meeting a need recognized in international development and climate circles.
About the Role
Being part of REEEP Operations and reporting to the Head of Legal, Compliance and Risk Management, the Junior Legal Counsel will mainly take over legal tasks related to contracts for the Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) and support the Head of Legal, Compliance and Risk Management withother smaller legal tasks and research as appointed. S/he will therefore closely collaborate with the PFAN team in supporting the envisaged programme scale-up.
In addition, the Junior Legal Counsel shall support the Head of Legal, Compliance and Risk Managementin the field Governance related matters.Notably s/he will support REEEP and PFAN operations by accurate and timely
- Drafting, review and administration of three-way and Country Coordinator contractsfor the PFAN programme with project developers and coaches, based on contract templates
- Taking over workflow management responsibility for these contracts, including processing in REEEP’s “Climate Invest” grant management system, electronic signing and documentation/filing
- Acting as a first point of contact for the PFAN team and all other contracting partiesregarding three-way and Country Coordinator contracts
- Administration and updating of the three-way and Country Coordinator contracts
- Drafting of other service agreements under guidance
- Smaller legal research in different legal areas (mostly Austrian civil law)
- Administration and filing of contracts
- Taking over smaller other legal tasks as appointed
Moreover s/he will be responsible for Governance matters by
- Administrating and organising the meetings of the REEEP Governing Board (sending out invitations, circular decisions etc.), room preparation, writing minutes, etc.
- Acting as a first point for all Governance related matters
About the profile
The Junior Legal Counsel’s set of qualifications and experience shall include
- Law degree or advanced undergraduate law student with substantial study progress, completion of civil law module would be considered an asset
- Ideally already first practical experience in the field
- Studies/graduation in a country with civil law system preferred
- Good knowledge of Austrian law is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal English skills, including legal English skills
- German language skills are not required, but an advantage
- Self-starter with structured, organised and solution-oriented working style
- Ability to work under time pressure and deliver upon tight deadlines, while showing attention to details
- Good computer skills (MS-Office)
About the package
For this 40h/week full-time position REEEP with the perspective of increase of responsibility, offers a minimum monthly salary of EUR 2.100,- (gross, paid 14 times per year, subject to Austrian social security deduction, currently no income tax due to REEEP’s status as “Quasi International Organisation”) and includes five weeks paid leave as well as an average of 14 Austrian and UN holidays per annum. Working hours are flexible (Flexi-Time Agreement). The envisaged starting date is 13November 2019.
The office location is the Vienna International Centre (‘UNO City’) in Vienna, Austria. REEEP will not cover relocation costs or any other travel costs incurred.
Applicants must have a valid residency permit for Austria/EU but do not require a work permit.
REEEP encourages equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, race, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
Please address your concise motivation letter and CV to the Head of Legal, Compliance and Risk Managementand email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.Please note that only complete and timely submitted applications shall be considered. The selection procedure may include interviews and a written test.
Application deadline:24October 2019 (midnight CET)