LEGAL COUNSEL (30 H/WEEK) – Part Time
Position: REEEP Legal Counsel
Reports to: General Counsel
Hours: 30 hours
Duration: open-ended contract
The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) invests in clean energy markets in low- and middle-income countries to generate energy access, improve lives and economic opportunities, build sustainable markets, and combat climate change. REEEP is a Quasi-International Organisation under Austrian law operating in a growing international environment that is rapidly expanding in influence and impact. REEEP values innovation, cooperation and commitment and has a young and results-oriented team of approximately 26 staff at its International Secretariat in Vienna, Austria working hand-in-hand with partners based in our countries of implementation.
About the Role
Being part of REEEP Operations, the Legal Counsel assumes a supporting role on legal tasks both externally and internally across all functions of the organisation. The Legal Counsel acts as key strategic advisor to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, adherence and compliance with the applicable regulatory framework and oversees the timely and accurate delivery of related legal services.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Legal Counsel has the following tasks and responsibilities within REEEP:
- Drafts, negotiates, issues, reviews, manages and files legal documentation, notably in contractual matters (such as service contracts, NDAs, DPAs, MoUs, employment contracts etc.) and provides and updates templates for frequently used documentation in close collaboration with the General Counsel
- Works closely with colleagues on programme-specific contractual matters such as call-off orders, Country Coordinator contracts and other service contracts for REEEP’s programmes
- Takes over workflow management responsibility for these contracts, including contract amendments and extensions, electronic signing and documentation/filing in the supporting systems (e.g. rocks, fluxx etc.)
- Acts as a first point of contact internally as well as for all other contracting parties regarding contracts and agreements
- Ensures compliance with the applicable procurement procedures and policies, conducts procurement trainings for colleagues and provides assistance across the organisation on procurement matters
- Monitors, updates and reviews legal and compliance related policies
- Keeps abreast of current and anticipates future legal and compliance trends to define organisational positions, potential challenges and limitations
- Supports the General Counsel and pro-actively involves internal stakeholders with learning and sharing formats for staff in legal and compliance matters (sending out legal memos, provide legal introductions for new staff and conduct trainings)
- Manages all legal proceedings related to REEEP’s institutional status including statutes, charitable and current QuIO status and by-documents (such as Code of Procedure, Code of Conducts)
- Assists in matters related to REEEP’s legal status as Association under Austrian law, including correspondence with the Austrian authorities
- Provides advice and recommendations organisation-wide and across all programmes on legal and compliance matters, inter alia in the fields of labour law, data protection, security/travel-related matters, etc.
- Liaises and coordinates with external legal counsels and legal experts
- Supports the Director General with the strategy and exploration of possibilities for new financial instruments or new programmes and provides consultancy support for project application preparation
- Conducts legal research (mostly under Austrian law) and other legal tasks as appointed
About the Profile
- Austrian law degree
- Ideally first practical experience (1-2 years) in a legal department or law firm
- Excellent written and verbal English skills, including legal English skills
- Excellent German language skills
- Self-starter with structured, organised and solution-oriented working style and intercultural understanding
- Ability to work under time pressure and deliver upon tight deadlines, while showing attention to details
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, and to cooperate effectively with colleagues from all over the world
- Good computer skills (MS-Office)
- Experience in an NGO-like setting
- Experience in contract law and with compliance matters
About the Package
For this 30h/week part time position, REEEP offers a minimum monthly salary of EUR 1.875 (gross, paid 14 times per year, subject to Austrian social security contributions, currently free of income tax due to REEEP’s special status as a “Quasi-International Organisation”). It further includes five weeks paid leave as well as an average of 14 Austrian and UN holidays per annum. Several other fringe benefits for employees are included in the package.
The envisaged starting date is October 1, 2022.
The REEEP offices are located in the Vienna International Centre (“UNO City”) in Vienna, Austria. REEEP is not in the position to cover relocation costs or any other travel costs incurred, e.g. for job interviews.
REEEP is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard for age, gender, race, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
About the Application
Applicants are kindly requested to address their CV, motivation letter and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only complete and timely submitted applications will be considered and that only short-listed candidates will receive individual communication. The selection procedure may include a written test.
Application deadline: August 31, 2022, 23:59 CEST
This is an advertisement for a part-time staff position. Please do not contact us unless you are applying for a position. Solicitations from service providers and brokers will be deleted and marked as spam.
By sending us your application, you consent to the processing of your personal data indicated in your application documents and related correspondence. Your application is treated strictly confidentially and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your personal data and application documents are only shared with REEEP staff and REEEP Governing Board members of the evaluation committee directly involved in the application process. In exceptional cases, recruitment processes include panel interviews which involve external members. If you are invited to such a panel interview, your application documents will also be shared with external panellists to allow them to prepare for the interview. REEEP will store your personal data and documents until six months after the application process has been completed, unless you consent to REEEP keeping your application in evidence for future job openings. Please see our Privacy Statement for further information on your rights under the GDPR and REEEP’s contact data.
Bitte gib bei deiner Bewerbung an, dass du den Job über NGOjobs.eu gefunden hast. Bewirb dich jetzt per E-Mail an email@example.com