Variante 1 oder 2: Text oder URL einfügen
Paid Internship (Starting October/November 2020)
For its Vienna office, the UNCAC Coalition is looking for an intern (full-time preferred, part-time may be possible) for a duration of 6 months.
Starting date: October/November 2020
The UNCAC Coalition is a globally active umbrella organisation, uniting civil society actors from all backgrounds committed to promoting the implementation and monitoring of the UN Convention against Corruption (UNCAC). The Convention is the only binding universal anti-corruption instrument and has been ratified by 186 countries.
The Coalition has a membership of over 100 civil society organisations and individuals on all continents, as well as a wider network of an additional 250 organisations. This community harnesses a broad range of issues: human rights, anti-corruption, freedom of information, financial transparency and environmental expertise.
- Provide policy research support to the Coalition and member organisations (in particular relating to the implementation of the UN Convention against Corruption
- Draft blog posts, work on improving and updating the Coalition’s website
- Draft and edit communication outputs (letters, statements, reports, proposals, etc.)
- Contribute to advocacy activities and outreach work
- Assist in the organisation of events, including around governmental meetings at the UN (panel discussions, workshops, etc.)
- Engage with member organisations, non-member organisations and partners
- General administrative assistance in day-to-day operations
- Insights into the work of anti-corruption groups
- Steep learning curve and work on various different topics
- Small team, start-up like environment
- Salary: 1.400 Euro gross/month (based on 38.5 hours/week; plus 13th/14th salary proportionally)
- Keen interest in the field of anti-corruption, government transparency and good governance
- Enrolled student in law, international relations, political science, or other relevant fields, or recent graduate
- Excellent English language skills essential (the Coalition’s working language), including strong writing and editing skills
- Writing and editing experience is a plus
- Familiarity with WordPress is a plus
- Valid work permit for Austria required. (Unfortunately, the UNCAC Coalition is unable to sponsor work permits).
To apply, please send your CV (PDF, maximum two pages, no pictures please), a letter of motivation (1 page), a relevant writing sample in English (essay, paper, blog post, article, etc.) and information about your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Internship”.
For the successful candidate, there may be an opportunity to receive a grant by the European Solidarity Corps. If awarded, this would include a relocation allowance, a travel allowance, organisational support and a free online language course. More information on how to apply for the grant will be provided to the successful candidate.
Closing date: 30 September 2020
Due to the high volume of applications received, we may not be able to provide individual feedback on your application. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the deadline with a short assignment.
At the UNCAC Coalition, we value diversity and welcome applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of nationality, origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or other personal characteristics. Our policies encourage a workplace free from discrimination and any form of harassment.