Project and Advocacy Officer
Founded in 2002 the YES Forum is a European network of organisations working with and for young people. With
our work we encourage young people to develop their skills and find their place in society. We also act as a forum
for sharing inspiring and innovative practices in youth and social work. Through our lobbying work, we seek to
influence policy and perceptions, to create opportunities for young people so they have better chances in life. If
you share our passion to helping to create opportunities for young people and making a difference to their future,
then working with the YES Forum could be the place for you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague!
The successful candidate will be part of a small, international team and passionate European network. The Project
and Advocacy Officer’s key tasks and responsibilities will include to:
• Coordinate policy and advocacy work, in line with YES Forum’s priorities;
• Monitor, analyse and report on relevant EU level policy developments regarding the social agenda (EPSR Action
Plan, ESF+ etc.), create policy briefings, statements and reports;
• Communicate and liaise with YES Forum members (professionals and young people) as well as key allies in the
• Support writing funding applications, implementing projects‘ activities, reporting;
• Support organising YES Forum’s events, conferences and trainings;
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in advocacy in the field of youth or social affairs
• A degree in at least in one of the following areas: Educational Sciences, Political / Social Sciences, European
Studies, or related fields
• Knowledge of the EU institutions and policy-making processes
• Strong (English) communication and public speaking presentation, facilitation, and networking skills to negotiate
and maintain relationships with relevant and diverse stakeholders
• Excellent spoken and written English, German and other European languages are an asset;
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• To actively working to achieve positive change for young people
• Full FTE up to 4.500 € gross monthly salary, depending on experience, 32h / week
• Fixed-term contract until 31 December 2024; with possibility of extension
• 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• A working place in Stuttgart, Germany and regular business travel throughout Europe
The preferred starting date is September 2023. If you want to apply for this position, please take the two following
steps: 1) fill in the “mandatory information sheet” and submit it 2) send the duly completed “application form” by
email with the subject “Project and Advocacy Officer” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited to online interviews. The interview process includes a takehome exercise.
More information about our work on our website www.yes-forum.eu
Du willst das Formular nicht nutzen? Schicke deine Bewerbung an email@example.com.