Managing Director ZOA Germany
Job location: Germany; Bonn or remote
Starting date: 01 December 2022
Vacancy closing date: 30 September 2022
Duration position: 1 year, with possible extension based on performance
Working hours: 40 hours; 1 RTD
We are here for our neighbours in need, who are suffering in this broken world.
Being a Christian organisation, ZOA seeks to reach out to people impacted by conflicts and disasters. ZOA has a humanitarian mandate (from emergency relief to recovery) with a PEACE NEXUS focus. ZOA Germany (ZOA DE) is an independent charity (gGmbH) but part of the ZOA family and is ZOA’s representative office in Germany. It was founded by ZOA Netherlands (ZOA NL) in 2017 with the purpose of providing greater access to German institutional funding, thus increasing impact and reach of ZOA worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Managing Director (Geschäftsführer) for ZOA Germany
Manage and provide leadership to ZOA Germany, seeking to increase German (institutional) funding for ZOA overseas relief and recovery projects.
The MD is accountable to the Board of ZOA DE and works closely with ZOA NL (the operational entity).
Your main tasks and responsibilities
Leadership & Management
- Develop and implement ZOA Germany’s institutional donor strategy in line with ZOA’s general strategic framework.
- Day-to-day management of the organization.
- Responsible for annual and multi-year budget, resource, and activity planning.
- Ensure organizational compliance with all applicable legislation (fiscal, legal, tax regulations, etc.).
- Interact with ZOA DE’s Board on strategic matters.
- Fundraising from German institutional donors for ZOA’s relief and recovery programmes.
- Initiate, foster, and maintain relations with German institutional donors.
- Contribute to knowledge and capacity building of ZOA worldwide regarding opportunities, challenges, and requirements of obtaining and implementing projects financed by German institutional donors.
- Proactively liaise with ZOA NL and the ZOA Country Offices to ensure smooth and effective implementation projects funded by German institutional donors, including compliance of proposals and reports.
- Maximise private donor support in Germany through further developing and implementing an online marketing and volunteer strategy.
Representation and communication
- Represent ZOA in Germany towards authorities, donors, partners and relevant networks (e.g. VENRO).
- Ensure active web and social media presence of ZOA Germany.
- Look for opportunities to cooperate with like-minded NGOs.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision, mission and Christian values of ZOA.
- Academic degree in development studies or a related field.
- At least 5 years‘ working experience in acquiring, implementing and reporting of funding from large institutional donors.
- German native speaker. Excellent English language (conversation, listening, writing) capabilities with French language (at least reading) an additional advantage.
- Field experience in humanitarian and/or development work.
- Adopts a proactive approach.
- Can work independently/autonomously.
- Experience in managing and supervising personnel.
- Result oriented; takes initiates and ensures those initiatives produce to satisfactory results.
- Negotiation skills.
- Puts first things first, knows how to prioritize, and achieves this with a personal touch.
- Excellent networker, good listener, and eager to learn.
- A natural source of inspiration and a bridge builder (internally in the organisation and externally).
- Intrinsically motivated and driven and gets energy from serving ZOA’s target group.
- Setting-up and strengthening
- Frequent travel to ZOA head office in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands; at least once a month.
- At least one country program to be visited every year.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Charity van Bemmel via email address: email@example.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Please note that ZOA carries out background and reference checks (including COTER: check your name on counter-terrorism lists) for all candidates as part of the recruitment process. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire: the „Statement of Conduct“, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment).
Bitte gib bei deiner Bewerbung an, dass du den Job über NGOjobs.eu gefunden hast. Bitte nutze für deine Bewerbung diesen Link.