Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens
|Profile:||Communications Associate (m/f/d)|
|Contract:||Full-time (40 hours per week), Immediate start, Limited for 2 years, with a possibility to extend|
|Duty Station:||Vienna, Austria – Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens|
|Criteria||This position is open to any professional with min. 1 year of working experience in communications. A valid work permit is required.|
|Salary:||We offer a monthly salary of 2.300 EUR net, paid 13 times/year (income tax free, after all deductions for social security)|
|Deadline for applications:
Envisaged starting date:
|22 November 2023, 23:59 CET
8 January 2024
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an ambitious, reliable and organized professional who wants to engage in an international non-profit environment to contribute to the Ban Ki-moon Centre’s work in providing solutions to the lack of leadership in the context of implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement with a global citizenship lens.
The ideal candidate is a proactive individual with a minimum of one year of working experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Communications Associate will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Design promotional materials such as social media visuals, event visuals, (annual) reports, policy briefs, invitations, and more.
- Draft talking points, speeches, key messages, quotes and summary documents as required.
- Develop and implement communications efforts for online and offline events, including audio, video, and photography.
- Take pictures and videos during meetings at the BKMC, as well as events as assigned.
- Assist in press engagements with national and international journalists and provide key messages as necessary.
- Create and coordinate social media content, present to the team in the weekly team meetings, including sharing/retweeting and replying to posts from partner organizations etc. (X, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn).
- Manage the social media schedule of the BKMC’s social media platforms Facebook, X, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Create and track social media promotion in Meta Business Suite and LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
- Prepare half-year social media reports and present to management.
- Update website regularly with programmatic and general content
- Film video statements of the CEO, or team members as required.
- Edit and prepare subtitles to videos.
- Draft storylines for outputs like summary videos, promotional videos etc.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 1 year of relevant working experience in communications, media, outreach, or journalism.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree, preferably in public relations, journalism, (digital) marketing, international relations, or other relevant fields.
- Fluency in English (written and oral); fluency in other languages, particularly German, will be considered a strong asset.
- Great knowledge in managing social media platforms (e.g. X, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Great writing skills, and keen attention to detail.
- Experience working with graphic editing programs (e.g. Adobe Indesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Canva, etc.)
- Experience working with video editing programs (e.g. Premiere Pro, Rush, Cap Cut, etc.)
- Knowledge of website content and social media management systems (e.g. WordPress, Hootsuite)
- Knowledge of Meta Business Suite and/ or LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
- Excellent technical skills of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Innovative and creative mindset, passionate about storytelling.
- Cooperative team-player with ability to work independently in a small international team.
- Good time management and prioritization skills.
- The Agenda 2030 and the Paris Climate Agreement are topics close to your heart.
What we offer:
- Highly motivated team in a multi-cultural setting
- Flexible working hours (e.g. core hours) and home office up to 50 percent
- Yearly budget for training possibilities
- Regular team building, workshops, and events throughout the year
- Working place in a central location in the 3rd district of Vienna
- Business laptop & business mobile phone
The position is full-time (40hrs per week) and will take place at the BKMC’s Secretariat located in Vienna, Austria. We offer a monthly fixed net salary of EUR 2.300 (after all taxes and deductions for social security), paid 13 times a year, subject to annual reviews. The incumbent will be registered with the Austrian social insurance as an employee of the BKMC. The contract further includes five weeks paid leave as well as an average of 13 Austrian public holidays per annum. The BKMC is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to equal opportunities irrespective of sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, race or ethnicity, age, or disability.
This position requires working at a desk with a laptop and regular engagements via the phone or online meeting rooms. The BKMC office is on the second floor, a lift is available. Occasional international/ national travel will be required.
- The candidate’s application in English should include:
- a curriculum vitae with two references
- a max 2-minute video recording of themselves, mentioning their name and outlining the applicant’s motivation and interest in the position, relevant experience (academic and non-academic), and how they think they would be an asset to the Centre’s team.
- Interviews will take place in November/December 2023 (Vienna, virtual is an option)
Privacy notice for job applicants
By sending us your application, you consent to the processing of your personal data indicated in your application documents and related correspondence. Your application is treated strictly confidentially and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your personal data and application documents are only shared with the Ban Ki-moon Centre’s staff directly involved in the application process. In exceptional cases, recruitment processes include panel interviews which involve external members. If you are invited to such a panel interview, your application documents will also be shared with external panellists to allow them to prepare for the interview. The Ban Ki-moon Centre will store your personal data and documents until six months after the application process has been completed, unless you consent to the Ban Ki-moon Centre keeping your application in evidence for future job openings.